Scripture of the day Romans 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Recognize the Source

Heman is sweet. Let's just start off with that well known fact. This childhood hero of so many kids including all my brothers was unstoppable. I mean Heman was the most powerful man in the universe. He could take on anyone and pretty much do anything. It really doesn't get better than Heman. Here is the cool thing about this man, he recognized the source. It was all by the power of greyskull. Without that power Heman was not the most powerful man in the universe, nor could he take on anyone, but by the power of greyskull there was no match for Heman. Lately things have been going pretty good for me. I am being blessed like crazy. I am by no means the most powerful man in the universe but yet I feel like I can do things that before I would not have had the ability to do. I am sure others have felt an extra boost in their lives at times. Here is the danger I face; I don't want to get to thinking that it's me. Just like Heman with the power of greyskull there is a power and a source not of my own. I know that the source of this success and the source of this ability is from the Lord. I have found that when I have my relationship with God where it is pleasing to Him then it seems as though I get this boost. I have of course learned this by sad experience. There were times I got prideful and took the credit. I have had times when I thought it was me. I know a little better now and I am grateful I do. It truly is all God. Whenever we have blessings in our lives we have to make sure we give credit to the Lord. All credit needs to go to the source. I love the lessons you can learn from Heman. Its awesome. So learn with me what Heman is teaching- That, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Philippians 4:13)  or "by the power of greyskull!" Whats even better yet is that when we recognize the source we get more power or the ability to do things that before we couldn't or thought we couldn't. It's the best thing ever people and we learn from the scriptures and even Heman.

1 comment:

  1. I am so well trained by Facebook that I just want to click "LIKE" on this post

    ReplyDelete