Scripture of the day Romans 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Power of Choice

There has been something on my heart lately that I feel I need to share. It is something that is simple and yet it is something that is not understood by many. It is what we refer to as agency. Agency is a gift from God that allows us to choose for ourselves in all things. By this gift we can choose who we will become. It goes so far that we can choose where we end up when all is said and done. God's gift of agency is a perfect example of His love for each of us. We can all make choices that will bring us closer to our Father in Heaven and we can even make the choices that will bring about endless happiness in the presence of God. I am so grateful for this wonderful gift. There are those out there who find it hard sometimes to accept, especially when we find that all around us is negativity and nightmares becoming reality. Indeed as I have mentioned before in my blog bad things happen to good people, but it is also true that what we seek for we shall find.
 
The prophet Lehi taught, "Wherefore, men are afree according to the bflesh; and call things are dgiven them which are expedient unto man. And they are free to echoose fliberty and eternal glife, through the great Mediator of all men, or to choose captivity and death, according to the captivity and power of the devil; for he seeketh that all men might be hmiserable like unto himself." From this I know that in the end where I am is where I chose to go, and who I am is who I chose to be. The power of choice when truly understood will change the very way we make decisions. I love this gift called agency and I love my Heavenly Father for allowing all people everywhere to choose for themselves what will be.
 
To learn more go to http://www.mormon.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment